The SAHB returned on Sunday 14th April to Wroxall Abbey near Coventry, after a fascinating visit to the VSCC library on the Saturday.
Full reports on the library visit and the seminar will appear in the next issue of the SAHB Times, but here is a flavour of the two events that made for an excellent weekend.
Saturday: the VSCC Library
A good number of SAHB people (see the picture above) were welcomed by Ian Ferguson and the VSCC team. And that team had taken a lot of trouble to put out some gems on the tables, to show the vast range of scrumtious goodies (a technical term, of course) that the library contains. To give some idea of the superb experience had by all, Ian Ferguson told us later that: “We tried to put out various things which you might not expect to find in a library, like the share certificates, coach-builders drawings, and correspondence. Nobody seemed to want to leave!”
Sunday: The Spring Seminar
Attendees were treated to six excellent talks, once again expertly curated by SAHB Deputy Chairman Guy Loveridge:
- Philip Newsome & Guy Loveridge: Uncle Bob, his Rolls-Royce and the Versailles Peace Conference
- Tim Beavis: UK formula racing through the lens – 1962-1969
- Graham Rabagliati: Connaught from 1947-1957
- Allan Wynn: Brooklands – Track and Museum
- Steve Berry: Cars and motorbikes on TV – a personal view
- Peter Grimsdale: High Performance, his new book.
Our thanks are due to all those organisers from the SAHB and the VSCC who made this another weekend to remember with great pleasure.
And we leave you with just two final pictures, kindly provided by Philip Hall – to give a flavour of the event.
Graham Rabagliati presenting Connaught from 1947-1957
Allan Wynn presenting Brooklands – Track and Museum