The Lagonda 3-Litre was produced by Aston Martin Lagonda from 1953 to 1958. It was the second model produced by Lagonda after the takeover of the company by David Brown in 1947 – the first being the Lagonda 2.6-Litre.
The 3-Litre was fitted with a higher displacement version of the twin-overhead-camshaft Lagonda Straight-6 engine designed by Walter Owen Bentley. It was available as a 4-seat 2-door coupé (the version seen in this Slider image), built by David Brown subsidiary Tickford, or as a drophead coupé from the same coachbuilder. A 4-door saloon was introduced in 1954 and the 2-door coupé was discontinued in 1956.
Unusually for this era, the car had independent suspension all round, using coil springs at the front and a swing axle with torsion bars at the rear. A heater, radio and built-in hydraulic jacks were standard equipment.
The 3-Litre was an expensive car in comparison with its competitors, and only 270 of the three body styles were sold.